The Atlanta-Region Transit Link Authority (ATL) is seeking public input on the 2020 ATL Regional Transit Plan (ARTP) through Monday, October 19th, 2020. Updated annually, the ARTP serves as the foundation for transit planning in the Atlanta region for the next twenty years, ensuring transit projects work together to create a seamless network and customer experience regardless of transit operator. This year the ARTP includes 245 proposed projects that either expand, maintain, or create new transit service opportunities across the 13-county ATL region.
Projects included in the ARTP are anticipated to:
- Increase transit trips in metro Atlanta overall by 39 percent, and to regional employment centers by 31 percent
- Increase the proportion of low-income households within ½ mile of a high capacity transit station to 33 percent
- Save over 99,000 gallons of gasoline used by Metro Atlanta residents, annually
- Result in a return of investment of over $140 billion, equaling a five dollar return on every dollar spent on transit, if fully funded.
This year, to prioritize the health and safety of metro residents, the ATL’s series of public outreach efforts called District Downloads offers several new ways to learn and comment on the 2020 ARTP. Participants can:
- Request information by phone by dialing 404-893-2100
- Text “ATLTransit” to 474747
- Visit the 3D virtual open house
- Attend a virtual live meeting for their District
- Connect on Social Media using #ATLTransitPlan and #PublicComment